Like always, Android community has proved itself. Though an average phone but we have LG Optimus’ root just in time. Guys over at AndroidCentral forums have made it. If you are an LG Optimus owner or going to be one, here’s a 5 minute step-by-step guide to root your phone:
1. Connect your LG Optimus with your PC and set it to ‘charge only’ mode.
2. Enable USB debugging by visiting Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging.
3. Download ‘OptimusRoot.zip‘ from AndroidCentral. Unzip and paste it to Android SDK tools folder on your windows PC.
4. Run the following commands using ADB Shell:
chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
5. Now download “Superuser” app from the market and update to the latest version from the settings tab.
6. Download ‘Titanium Backup’ from market, run it with super user permission. Click on ‘problems’ in the pop up that appears automatically.
To subscribe, like us on Facebook