We have been complaining every now and then about the shortcomings of Android Market and our problems finding the best apps. Seems like Google is aware of the problems and wants to address them. First we saw the ‘Related’ tab on app pages and now Google is rolling out the latest Android Market update to the Android gadgets running Android 1.6 and beyond. This appears to be a major Android Market update which will be rolling out across the Android world in next few days. So what does this update pack inside?
1. New app categories including widgets and live wallpapers.
2. A scrollable app slide on top of home and categories pages.
3. Tab-less single-page view of app details.
4. Time to request refund has been limited to 15 minutes of purchase.
6. App size limit raised to 50MB.
7. Device targeting for developers will allow them to target specific devices, screen sizes and resolutions etc.