Only up for preorder and already the T-Mobile Mytouch 4G slide is getting the root treatment courtesy of XDA.
How i got perm root on my MT4GS (does not give S-off just permroot of an S-off device) YOU NEED TO HAVE A S-OFF device!
Rooting your device can harm it! You assume all risks by choosing to follow this procedure.
Before You Begin:
This is a permaroot for which you will need a T-Mobile Mytouch 4G Slide. You should be on the stock rom version 1.28.
You also need USB debugging turned on in the development menu.
Have the USB drivers installed on your PC. Fre3voMT4gS.bat (from MT4GSROOT\ADB)
What you’ll need:
- The MT4GSRoot.zip
- Use the ROOT checker in the market to make sure there are no root permissions installed.
- Run the SuperOneClickexploitGingerbreak
- Open MT4GSROOT
- Open SuperOneClick
- Change exploit to Gingerbreak
- Click ROOT
- Install busybox when prompted
- Run SU Test to check for permissions.
- Try to open an app that requires root permission, such as Root Explorer.
- Update SU binary as necessary
- Open a root app again to check for permissions.
That should do it for you. If you have any issues you can check out the troubleshooting over at XDA
To subscribe, like us on Facebook