After the announcement of the iPhone 4S, and the unfortunate news of Steve Jobs’ passing, the tech world is looking toward the next big thing. That will be the reported Nexus Prime, or Galaxy Nexus. A new report from a “trusted source” at BGR claims to have the full spec sheet of Google’s next device, which will supposedly be a Verizon Wireless exclusive. At the unpacked event on October 11th, we’ll see the unveiling of this new device, and here’s what you have to look forward to.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 9mm thin
- 4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
- TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
- 1GB of RAM
- 32GB of built-in storage
- 5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
- 1080p HD video capture support
- LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- 1,750 mAh battery
The Galaxy Nexus will be a pure Google experience, as all Nexus devices are, which means no Samsung TouchWiz overlay. The specs seem a little underwhelming in some areas, most notably the processor speed which was rumored at 1.5GHz. Still, that’s not much of a sacrifice to make for scooping the first ICS device.
To subscribe, like us on Facebook